This book contains no theories. Every secret comes straight from
the street of experience, either authors own or that of our clients. This
book is loaded with ideas you can implement immediately. Some
will be familiar, and some new All of them have the power to
catapult your results, no matter how high you’re flying. As a matter
of fact, the people who get the most value out of our mental
toughness process are the world class. They are always trying to
gain an edge and get better, which is one of the reasons I think so
highly of them.
1. The world class operates from objective reality: “Amateur performers operate from delusion, pro’s operate from objective reality. The great ones their habit’s, action’s and behaviors are totally congruent with the size and scope of their ultimate vision.
“Are my habits, actions and behaviors congruent with the vision I have for my life?”
Book – Leadership and self-Deception by Arbinger institute.
2. World class wealth begins with world class thinking: “Wealth is the product of a man’s capacity to think” – Ayn Rand.
Book – You were born rich by Bob proctor.
3. Champions have an immense capacity for sustained concentration: “Nothing can add more power to your life than concentrating all your energy on a limited set of targets” – Nido qubein
Book – Focal point by Brian tracy.
4. Champions know adversity is the catalyst of mental toughness: “If it weren’t for the dark days, we wouldn’t know what it is to walk in the light” – Earl campbell
Book read – Man’s search for meaning by Victor Frankel
5. Champions Evolve from competing to creating:
“Creative people rarely need to be motivated–they have their own inner drive that refuses to be bored. They refuse to be complacent. They live on the edge, which is precisely what is needed to be successful and remain successful.”
— Donald Trump
5 levels of mental toughness:
1. Playing to win
2. Playing to compete
3. Playing to improve
4. Playing to perform
5. Playing not to lose
6. Common sense is the foundation of high performance:
“Common sense is the knack of seeing things as they are, and doing things as they ought to be done.”
— Harriet Beecher Stowe
-Success is simple
-Stay focused on goal and put in the work.
7. The great ones know the power of conversation:
“A conversation is a dialogue, not a monologue.That’s why there are so few good conversations: due to scarcity, two intelligent talkers seldom meet.”
— Truman Capote
-Need to improve
-Contacts and network a lot.
8. Champions Love what they do:
“I’d rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I don’t.”
— George Burns
Book – “Work happy live healthy by Tom welch
9. Champions take risks:
“I don’t want to find myself in a nursing home someday, thinking that all I did was play it safe.”
— Charlie Eite
-Playing safe is bring, live life on edge its an adventure
-Learning and growth is uncomfortable
-Calculate the risks you take.
10. Champions have a world class work ethic:
“Amateurs hope; professionals work.”
— Garson Kani
Book read – Stairway to success by Nido qubein
These are my top 10 favorites out of 177 mental toughness secrets of the world class . Its a great book with specific explanation on each main point also added with quote on top and suggestions on taking action. There is also book suggestion for book read for the important points.
If you want to purchase the book you can find a hardcopy on amazon or you could also get your kindle version.