It takes day’s months or years to master a skill or work, there is no overnight success, Building strong roots and foundation from where you should get started.
Self-discipline is the course of consistent action with persistence.
Put 100% of your efforts in your goal, give everything you got all your being into your work.
Have Role models who you can look upon, follow there patterns and us your own ideas integrating and creating new out of existing.
10 Keys to Self Discipline:
- Strong Purpose: Stay on one lane, one goal till you make it a success or accomplish it.
- Mentor: Who can mentor you and understand where you’re holding on to in your life and help you get past your own limitations which you cannot see it for yourself.
- Imagination: Visualize your goals with sensory organs feel it before you even actually have it, imagine it in your mind’s eye.
- Positive: Always stay positive, keep working, learn from your mistakes and grow while you learn. There is no greater asset then having positive outlook to life.
- Self-Confidence: Always be happy never put yourself down, stay focused on your vision. Self-confidence is about having courage, strength and a strong belief in yourself that you are capable of achieving what is you want.
- Keep Goals: Break down your goals into smaller chunks, detailed plan with only one focus never forget that you have to love the process. Life is about journey not destination.
- Knowledge: Read as much as possible and make influential contacts, work to gain experience. Also know that knowledge is potential power, if you can’t use what you learnt there is no point in learning it in first place.
- Patience: The key player in self-discipline. Accomplishment takes time, time is money. It takes time to build something great you have to loose yourself in the work you do.
- Persistence: Never give up keep working on what you want; what you feel is worth and good for you. If you truly love what you do then no matter how many times you give up you’ll get back up and try it again.
- Pleasure in work: If you don’t love what you do you will give up soon. So it is really important that you love what you do.
Don’t depend on motivational videos or content it makes you dependent on it like a drug, you want it to do your work or else you feel down. But find your own inner drive and higher purpose to do what you want to do.
Don’t use fear to motivate you to do your work it only makes things lifeless and un- motivating, chances of giving up is higher. So always try to switch to higher emotions which make you happy for the life you live. Build internal motivation and drive to do what you want to do.
Start living like you’re already what you want to be, this is one of the most powerful tools what the greats consciously or unconsciously do. They live the life they always dreamt even before if comes into reality.
If your living life in a very target oriented situation then managing time is also important but if you have the freedom to be in love with what you do then you don’t have to manage time as to you’re constantly thinking about your work, your work becomes your play.
Avoid procrastination it’s one of the big things that stops majority of people from taking action in here and now, there is no tomorrow you have to start important things in your life at the earliest, self-discipline is one of them.
As said earlier, most people acknowledge the importance and benefits of self discipline, but very few take real steps to develop and strengthen it. However, you can strengthen this ability like any other skill.