I think it was February of year 2018 when i landed across crossfit because i didn’t want to lift much weights and bulk up instead wanted to have a aesthetic physique, skinny dude trying to achieve all of it in a month, i managed to increase 10 kgs of healthy weight also gain athletic body with the help of crossfit, and mostly by using my own body weight for workouts like push-ups, pulls-ups, squats, rope jumps.. etc. All this got my abs popping, yeah you heard it right :D. So you don’t actually need to hit the gym, but a open space to do the work required to achieve desired goal.
Try setting apart 2 hours of your time, an hour up in the morning and later after your day in the evening, with the help of crossfit workout structure and proper dieting which is also a part of the program you will achieve superhuman body and a monk like state of mind, So what is crossift ?
Crossfit is a core strength and conditioning program. It’s designed to process and optimize physical competence in each ten recognized fitness domains.
Athletes are trained to bike, run, swim, & row at guaranteeing exposure and competency in each of three metabolic pathways.
- Warm up exercises- Before workout, body movements,stretching and deep breathing
METABOLIC CONDITIONING WORKOUTS : High intensity , less sets. Here you take any one of below one workout for the day even you if are unable to do any of below mentioned workout you could easily try running and jump rope.
- Bike ride
- Jump rope
GYMNASTIC WORKOUTS: Medium intensity, average number of sets. You could perform all the below workout according to your capability and learn over time, for example you could perform 20 reps of push-ups and increase the number over the next week once you can easily cross the limit. Then reps can be turn into multiple sets 1 set = 15 reps ( push-ups) . You can set your own number while keep higher reps for next category which is weights and throws because its a low intensity workout.
- Presses to handstands
- Muscle ups
- Scales and holds
WEIGHTS AND THROWS WORKOUTS: Low intensity, High number of sets. So finally i could give a example: 1 metabolic conditioning exercise – running, 5 different gymnastic exercise – kips, muscle ups, cartwheels…etc, 8 different weights and throws exercise – bench press, clean and jerk , push press.. etc.
- Push press
- Power clean
- Dead lift
- Bench press
- Weight sets
- Clean and jerk
- Ball throws and catches
- Finally ending all your sessions with cooling down exercises – After workout, body movements,stretching and deep breathing
CROSSFIT FIRST FITNESS STANDARD:-
10 Recognized general physical skills
- Cardiovascular/Respiratory endurance: The ability of body system to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
- Stamina: ability of body systems to process deliver, store and utilize energy.
- Strength: Ability of muscular unit, or combination of muscular units to apply force
- Flexibility: ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint
- Power: the ability of muscular unit, or combination of muscular to apply maximum power in minimum time.
- Speed: the ability to minimize time cycle of a repeated movement
- Coordination: the ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
- Agility: to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another
- Balance: to control the placement of bodies center of gravity in relation to its support base
- Accuracy: control movement in a given direction.
Crossfit second fitness standard:-
- the essence is to perform well at any and every task imagined
- Sets, rest periods, reps, exercises, order of exercises, routines, periodization etc.
Crossfit third fitness standard:-
- Phosphagen dominates the highest powered activities
- Glycolytic dominates moderate – powered activities, lasts for several minutes
- Oxidative dominates low powered activities excess of several minutes.
You don’t have to follow precisely everything said here, most important part is to you working out everyday and not miss on it. Workouts can be done according to your specifications know your limit, burning out might cause Rhabdomyolysis ( A breakdown of muscle tissue that releases a damaging protein into the blood), so set the preference accordingly and increasing reps and sets over time. Don’t forget without proper dieting which is foundation you cannot have a desired body and optimum health.
Thanks for taking your time on reading this i will further write and make video content on different aspects in the future broadcasting my own experience into trying crossfit. Please subscribe to my email list to keep updated on more unique reads. Cheers !!